IACRA - Help and Information
New User Guide - Remote Pilot with Training CoursePart 1: Starting a Remote Pilot Application
- Login to IACRA with your username and password. If you don’t remember them, follow the “Forgot Username or Password” link.
- Applicant Console
- From the Applicant Console, you can start new applications and view any existing applications. Click Start New Application
- Select ‘Pilot’ from the Application Type dropdown list. This will now show the different types of pilot certificates IACRA has available.
- Click on Remote Pilot. If you hold an FAA issued Pilot License, IACRA will prepopulate it and ask if you have a current Flight Review, and when the flight review took place. If you do not have a Flight Review (or it's greater than 2 years old) then you must complete the Remote Pilot Knowledge Test and upload it into your application before it can be completed. Click Start Application.
Part 2: Remote Pilot Application Process
- The Application Process page will open, and the Personal Information section will be open. This section will be prepopulated with the information you entered when you registered. If no changes are needed, click the green Save & Continue button in the bottom of this section.
- The Supplementary Data section will open. Answer the English Language and Drug Conviction questions. Click Save & Continue.
- The Basis of Issuance section will open.
- Upload your Training Course Completion Certificate. Follow the instructions in the Upload Training Course Certificate section carefully. If you don't upload the course certificate now, your submitting official must do it later. Click Save & Continue.
- If you have misplaced your Training Course Completion Certificate, it is available at FAASafety.Gov. After logging in to your account at FAASafety.Gov, mouse over the Activities, Courses, Seminars and Webinars tab. Select Courses from the drop down menu. Find the “Courses Completed” box (Light Green box), find your course in the list. Select the view certificate link, and you can print from that page.
- The Review and Submit section will open.
- Answer the Denied Certificate question.
- Summary information info will be displayed.
- You must view the Privacy Act and Review your application before you can Submit you application.
- Click Submit Application.
- Your application is NOT complete at this point. You must meet with a Submitting Official, either a Certified Flight Instructor (AKA a Recommending Instructor, or just RI), or a Certifying Officer (AKA a CO), to complete the process. You must bring valid photo ID to that meeting.
Part 3: Certifying Process
- When you meet with a CO or RI, they will login and look you up using your FTN and they will start the Certifying Checklist.
- The CO or RI will verify your identity and enter ID information. They will also verify your English Language Proficiency and that your Training Course Completion Certificate has been uploaded.
- After reviewing the application together, the CO or RI will verify that you have reviewed the Privacy Act and the Pilot Bill of Rights.
- You (the applicant) will enter your username and password and then electronically sign the Pilot’s Bill of Rights Acknowledgement and the Remote Pilot application.
- The CO or RI will reenter their credentials to continue the Checklist.
- The CO or RI will sign and complete your application.
- Your application will now be electronically sent to the FAA Airman Certification branch.
- If a CO signs your application, your temporary certificate will be available immediately. If an RI signs your application, your temporary certificate will be available in about an hour on your Applicant Console, though in rare cases it could take 2-4 days. You will also receive an email reminder that your temporary certificate is ready.
- Your permanent certificate will arrive by mail.